The Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors (NAPS) provides a monthly supply of supplemental nutritious food to:

  • NE Minnesota residents,
  • Age 60 and older,
  • Who meet income eligibility guidelines

Household Size – Monthly Income*

1   –    $1,396
2   –    $1,888
3   –    $2,379
4   –    $2,871
5   –    $3,363
6   –    $3,855
7    –    $4,347
8   –    $4,839
Each additional member  – $492

*Subject to change, check here for current income guidelines

What types of foods are in a monthly box?

Seniors who qualify receive shelf-stable foods that include grains, fruits, vegetables, protein and dairy. Food boxes include plant-based proteins like lentils, canned beans, peanut butter; whole grains like dry cereal, brown rice, rolled oats; canned meats for protein (beef stew, chicken, tuna, salmon in oil); canned vegetables and fruits for essential vitamins and minerals; dairy items like shelf stable fluid milk, dry milk and locally made American cheese.

Where can I pick up my box of food?

Check out our regional distribution locations here.

Can someone else pick up my box of food? 

Yes, you may assign a proxy who is authorized by you to pick up your food on your behalf.

See if you qualify!

To learn more, contact us at (218) 336-2307, (888) 727-5653, ext. 112 or [email protected] or apply online here.

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  • Fax: (202) 690-7442
  • Email: [email protected]