Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank offers a variety of food donation opportunities for individuals and organization to get involved in our hunger-relief work.
Start a #GiveHealthy Food Drive
Start a #GiveHealthy Food Drive and mobilize healthy food for families, children and seniors in our region. #GiveHealthy provides a simple, web-based platform and all the tools you need to host a successful drive.
It’s simple and free:
- You provide basic information about your drive to #GiveHealthy, they’ll set up a free webpage for your use
- You share the webpage link with your participants
- Your participants pick out and purchase the healthy foods they wish to donate to your drive, a tax receipt is provided upon purchase
- #GiveHealthy coordinates your food donation to our food bank
Host a Food Drive
Host a traditional food drive and gather food for families, children and seniors in our region. Our Food Drive Coordinator Guide and Food Drive Signs will provide all the tools you need to host a successful drive.
We are able to leverage far more donated food with your cash contributions. Add our Power of Your Dollar and Cash Donation Form to your drive and allow participants to have even greater impact on our Northland neighbors in need.
Donate Surplus Food
Donate surplus food from your commercial business or farm and feed our Northland neighbors in need.
We can accept your surplus dry, refrigerated, and frozen food (subject to some limitations):
- Out-of-code/date (with extended shelf-life recommendations)
- Unlabeled or mislabeled
- Rejected but still safe for human consumption or use
- Off spec
Benefits for your commercial business or farm:
- Reduced Storage and Disposal Costs
- Tax Credits/Deduction
- Protection from Liability
- Convenience – We Pick Up
- Shows Your Customers Your Commitment to Helping Others
Our Food Donation Guide will provide all of the information you need to consider surplus food donation.
For more information contact us by email or call us at 218.336.2306 or 218.336.2308.